Transformation of Sentences ISC (Module 1) (Answers included)

 Look at these sentences carefully. Change them as instructed in the brackets.

1. I cannot imagine she buying a necklace for me.

(Begin: She buying a necklace for me is...)

She buying a necklace for me is beyond my imagination / She buying a necklace for me is unimaginable.

2. Thirty students were present in the examination room.

(Begin: The examination room...)

The examination room had 30 students.

3. As soon as the garden was cleared of dry leaves, a snake was spotted in the corner. 

(Begin: No sooner...)

No sooner did we clear the garden of dry leaves than we spotted a snake in the corner. / No sooner was the garden cleared of dry leaves than a snake was spotted in the corner.

4. He arrived and the crowd went hysterical with joy. (ISC 2020)

(Begin: Scarcely...)

Scarcely had he arrived when the crowd went hysterical with joy.

5. I'm sorry I am unable to accompany you. (ISC 2020)

(Begin: I regret my...)

I regret my inability to accompany you.

6. Tea is one of the most consumed beverages.

(Begin: Few other...)

Few other beverages are as consumed as tea.

7. The city is notorious for chain snatching.

(Begin: The city has achieved...)

The city has achieved notoriety for chain snatching.

8. She said to Tim, "Let us paint the fence today itself."

(Begin: She proposed that she and Tim...)

She proposed that she and Tim should paint the fence that day itself.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Letter based on a given situation -- CBSE Class 10

Transformation of Sentences Part 1- Some rules and example sentences

Character Sketch - Anil - A Thief's Story - Class 10 (Footprints Without Feet)